USSR comprised 15 republics, each of which is worth visiting due to its authentic culture, history and nature. Each republic made an input in the culture of modern Russia. Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus… Each of these currently independent states has something to show to an experienced tourist, and we as a specialist in unconventional travels will help you to discover the world of each ex-USSR republic.
Armenia is a land of mountains, cathedrals and jazz. Mount Ararat, apricots, cognac, chess, Armenian cuisine, local humour and hospitality – all of these are closely associated with Armenia as a brand.
Armenia is an ancient state situated in Anatolia (otherwise known as Asia Minor) and Transcaucasia (or the South Caucasus), one of the oldest countries in the world and in the Middle East. Armenia was the first country to adapt Christianity as a state religion in 301 A.D.
Armenian flora includes round 3500 species of plants and fauna boasts 76 species of mammals, 304 species of birds, 44 species of reptiles, 6 species of amphibians, 24 species of fish and approximately 10 000 species of invertebrates.
Armenia is rich in cultural and natural sites. There are more than 4000 unique historical, cultural and natural sites, 5 of which are included in the list of World Heritage of UNESCO.
The Whole of Armenia
Duration: 7 days
Route: Yerevan – Garni – Areni – Tatev – Goris – Jermuk – Sevan – Yerevan
- The temple of Garni – a pagan temple constructed in the 1st century A.D, perhaps the best-known structure and symbol of
pre-Christian Armenia; Geghard monastery, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Khor-Virap Monastery, situated at the foot of Mount Ararat, which is believed to be the very mountain Noah reached after the Great Flood; Noravank Monstery built in the 13th-14th century; Tatev Monastery built in the 9th-century and included in the tentative list of World Heritage Sites of UNESCO; Sanain monastery, also included in the list of the World Heritage of UNESCO; 7th century-Harichavank, known as one of the most famous monastic centers in Armenia; Etchmiadzin complex covering the area of 150,000 m²;
- Khosrov Forest State Reserve with its famous organ pipes rock formations.
- A complex of caves in the wine-making region of Areni and even have lunch in one of the caves!
- Carahunge or the “Armenian Stonehenge” is a prehistoric archaeological site which is considered to be an ancient observatory.
- The town of Goris, famous for its khachkar (or stone cross) workshops.
- Khndzoresk, that is widely famous for its canyon with picturesque rock formations and ancient cave settlement.
- We will walk or at least take a picture of a 160m-long cable bridge over a mountain gorge.
- A boat trip and stay the night on the coast of Lake Sevan, the largest lake in Armenia and the Caucasus region.
- Jermuk and Dilijan hot-springs, waterfalls and Ukhtasar petroglyphs.
- We will enjoy local hospitality and feel the true Armenian atmosphere staying at private guest houses.
- We will admire delicious local food and gorgeous views.
- We will get absorbed by the jazz atmosphere of Yerevan by night.
The Oldest Cities in Europe
Georgia is known for a number of places that attract tourists by their history, architecture and atmosphere. Mtskheta (founded 3000 years ago) and Kutaisi (founded 4000 years ago), which are included in the list of the World Heritage of UNESC, are among those places.
Georgian folklore is not something you can only watch in a theater. It is an important part of Georgian every day life. For example, Georgians often sing at the table. They are historically known for their hospitality and generosity.
Authentic Cuisine: Wine, Cheese, Unique Local Recipies
Wines have been produced in Georgia for 9000 years! According to G. Charachidze, a French historian of Georgian origine «Georgia is a wine country – even if there is no vine, people drink wine, think and dream of it, talk and sing about it”. Taste the famous Khvantchkara in the cellar that dates back to the 10th century in Alaverdy monastery!
The famous Borjomi water and thermal baths in Tbilissy are beneficial for health.
Nature & Adventures
Mountains, forests, the sea, lakes and rivers make Georgia an ideal destination for those who love nature and wildlife: it is know for its biodiversity. A number of birds pass it on their way during seasonal migrations, which makes Georgia a paradise for birdwatching. It is also a great place for active holidays: rafting, trekking, horse-trekking, speleological trips, etc.
- Tbilissi: we will admire ancient sites as Sameba Cathedral, Metekhi Cathedral (13th century), The Bridge of Peace, Sioni.
- Kakhetia: David Gareji, Ikalto, Alaverdi;
- Telavi, Signagi, Bodbe monastery;
- Ananuri, Gonio and Rabat fortresses;
- 4*4 trip on Kazbegi;
- Stalin museum in Gori;
- Borjomi park;
- Cave monasteries of Vardzia and Akhaltsikhe;
- Prometeus Cave and much more
Horse-trekking, trekking, fishing, rafting, mountaineering, and cycling, birding, 4*4 touring and much more. You will discover the authentic culture of this ancient country known for its mountain landscapes: 93% of its surface is covered by mountains – the Pamir and the Tian Shan. We can help you conquer such peaks as Jengish Chokusu (7439m) and Lenin Peak (7134m). You can relax and enjoy fantastic natural sites of the world’s second highland lake (after Titikaka) – Issyk-Kul. You can follow part of the historical Great Silk Road or the Great Pamir Highway. Its location in the middle of Central Asia is a benefit allowing you to combine this destination with the neighboring countries, such as Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan.
Tajikistan is one of the oldest countries in the world. Historical and natural sites make it a curious tourist destination. We can offer you a variety of options: a jeep-tour along the famous Pamir Highway (700 km), trekking in the wild with spectacular views around, ascent to Ismoil Somoni Peak known during the Soviet period under the name of “The Peak of Communism” (7495m), each combined with unforgettable culinary and cultural experience.
The surface of 2 724 902 km2 makes Kazakhstan one of the largest countries in the world! No wonder there is much to see here!
The history of Kazakhstan goes back 1 mln years and its importance in historical events in the region of the past cannot be underestimated!
Those who are interested in history will find here a number of historical sites and wall-painings. Nature lovers will admire fantastic landscapes and versatile wildlife.
We can offer you a number of travel options, including 4*4 trips, trekkings, fishing, birdwatching, etc.
Choose the option that suits you. You can buy the package that we offer above or choose a customized itinerary. Make the right choice according to your desires.